I am running as an independent candidate and would like to have my name included on the Board of Directors' ballot for the upcoming election in November, 2015. In order to be considered, I need the support of more than 500 members before September 17, 2015. Please send me an email supporting my petition to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your email address as recorded with (ISC)² and your member (certificate) number.
What I want to do on the Board
- Better recognition in industry for all of (ISC)² certificates (not just the CISSP)
- Better value to members for their annual maintenance fees (knowledge bases, CPE opportunities)
- Provide a range of certificates that cover specialized areas of security. Better differentiation for certificate holders
- Open communications between the board and members
- A reach out program to younger folk, ladies and employers
My program, if elected, can be summarized in just two statements:
- Make the Board of Directors close to members and work together with them (have you ever seen a member of the Board of Directors, except the picture shown in the ISC(2) web site? Are you able to reach them and ask anything about the Association, what they are doing, etc.?). "Transparency" is the magic word, and I promise to listen and to talk to anyone.
- Internationalize the Association to really share competencies. The objective is to make the Association present eveywhere in the World, enhancing Chapters role and co-operation. My vision is to create a real network of professionals, covering all countries. In addition, my objective is to make agreement to other relevant certification bodies (e.g. ISACA, etc.) for sharing views and knowledge. It’s time to quit fighting:
“If you want to know a person, give him the power. But if you really want to know him better, take it away"
You will be always able to reach me anytime via Skype, now and in the future
Please follow me on Twitter: @claudiocilli and Linkedin
(ISC)² must be a pro-active thought leader in computer security. I will help to lead this initiative to improve our profession and the value of our shard credentials. Onece again, transparency and accountability are also essential to continued growth.
Clearly, the organization should continue to grow while maintaining the value of the credentials of the current holders.
My life as a computer security professional and a professor makes me very sensitive to “career for life” and professional development issues. I will continue to press the board to help management develop clear career paths for all certificants and make professional development more relevant and easier to obtain without reducing its value and importance.
Growth is critical to (ISC)²; however, growth should not be at the cost of quality. Bringing young blood with a solid background into the organization. We should resist the temptation to make all comers members.
Not only should the CBK be kept more current but we should explore specialized certifications for our ever changing profession.
Currency is important to our profession. All board members must make sure that we are second to none in responsiveness to change in the security environment.
I want to help you lead the organization into the future; not focus on what we have done in the past.
Why Should You Vote For Me -- I am a servant leader
Greenleaf said about servant leadership, “It begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve, to serve first. Then conscious choice brings one to aspire to lead. That person is sharply different from one who is leader first, perhaps because of the need to assuage an unusual power drive or to acquire material possessions…The leader-first and the servant-first are two extreme types. Between them there are shadings and blends that are part of the infinite variety of human nature.” I wish to serve.
- I have been a member since 2001.
- Member of the European Advisory Board.
- Assisted in the development of the CSSLP and HCISPP certifications.
- I hold others to the same high standard that I hold myself
- I understand the organization and the certification industry
- I have a proven track record of completing projects
- I have extensive experience in Finance, Information Security and Risk Management in industry
- I have been involved with test development for many of (ISC)² different certifications over the last 10 years, providing leadership at many workshops
- Contributor to the (ISC)² CISSP CBK
Graduated with honors at the University of Rome, I am an University Teacher and a professional Information Security consultant. Member of scientific and advisory boards. Teacher in the post-graduate masters in Computer Security and IT Governance. Consultant at the Office of Internal Oversight Services at the United Nations (UN) in New York.
Responsible in many big firms for big projects, both for civil and military sectors, regarding security of the information systems and installations. Designed and implemented systems based on mainframes and distributed architecture, including both data and physical security, information and site protection.
Senior level data processing professional with 20 years experience in computer security and 25 years of Information System experience, systems design and programming, computer operations and applications programming. Designed EDP systems, including the computer, software, installation and user training. Consultant to American companies who supply the U.S. Department of Defense.
Authored and published in several specialised books and magazines. Frequently invited as speaker in many international conferences and seminars.
My complete profile and accomplishments can be fould on linkedin.
Thank you for your consideration. If you would like to support me, please send me an email at email@example.com and please include your email address as recorded with (ISC)² and your member (certificate) number.