Thanks to my supporters who made possible to reach more than 500 endorsements!
(ISC)2 published a post on their web site trying to clarify what they cannot clarify: http://ow.ly/TaIFF
Once again (ISC)2 did a the wrong move.
In this article they recognize many members expressed concerns about the transparency of the process and, instead to reply to them individually to clarify, decided for a general explanation, who at the end confirms those concerns.
People deserve respect, above all, and they would have taken seriously members requests. This way of operation simply widens the already existing gap existing (ISC)2 management and members.
Regarding the post, in addition to recognizing this bad feeling, they admitted what they are trying to negate:
- that member (myself) provided 895 emails to support the petition and they correctly selected 514, eliminating duplicates or incomplete endorsements.
- they declared to have invalidated supporters who believe in me and in the ideas of transparency I’m bringing, clearly demonstrated this with their emails, because - maybe, I say “maybe” - they lack of some formalities. In other words they simply ignored them.
This is what they affirm. I’ve only asked to know, in order to make my observations. This is obvious In a democracy, but maybe not everywhere…
Regarding the privacy they affirm to protect: which privacy? They did not realize I already have those emails! I’m just asking to know which of them were rejected and why. (ISC)2 is not disclosing them to public, only to me! Maybe I’m wrong, but the suspicious they’re trying to protect something else comes…
Another question: do you remember when on last July (ISC)2 asked us to vote for an amendment to association bylaws aimed to partially accept members’ requests regarding the time a board member can sit in that position? No news...
This is my program which (ISC)2 dien’t like:
The Board of Director must serve members. They represent them. I will be your voice: I will do what you want me to do. Therefore I’ve decided to add these three main points to my program:
1. Reducing the number of years the same person can sit into the Board to a maximum of three years. I’ve joined (ISC)2 in 2001 and the same persons of today, with few exceptions, were already members od the Board of Directors.
2. Modifying the nominating process. Today the Board approves candidates and - of course - it endorses its existing members. Everyone who meets the proper requirements (e.g. good standing, etc.) must have the same chances to be elected.
3. Enhance transparency. The minutes of every board meeting should be made available to all members (e.g. posted on the web site, sent by email, etc.). This will also make the board closer to members.
Here’s a video with my program:
My program, if elected, can be summarized in just two statements:
- Make the Board of Directors close to members and work together with them (have you ever seen a member of the Board of Directors, except the picture shown in the ISC(2) web site? Are you able to reach them and ask anything about the Association, what they are doing, etc.?). "Transparency" is the magic word, and I promise to listen and to talk to anyone.
- Internationalize the Association to really share competencies. The objective is to make the Association present eveywhere in the World, enhancing Chapters role and co-operation. My vision is to create a real network of professionals, covering all countries. In addition, my objective is to make agreement to other relevant certification bodies (e.g. ISACA, etc.) for sharing views and knowledge. It’s time to quit fighting:
“If you want to know a person, give him the power. But if you really want to know him better, take it away"
You will be always able to reach me anytime via Skype, now and in the future
Please follow me on Twitter: @claudiocilli and Linkedin
- I have been a member since 2001.
- Member of the European Advisory Board.
- Assisted in the development of the CSSLP and HCISPP certifications.
- I hold others to the same high standard that I hold myself
- I understand the organization and the certification industry
- I have a proven track record of completing projects
- I have extensive experience in Finance, Information Security and Risk Management in industry
- I have been involved with test development for many of (ISC)² different certifications over the last 10 years, providing leadership at many workshops
- Contributor to the (ISC)² CISSP CBK
Graduated with honors at the University of Rome, I am an University Teacher and a professional Information Security consultant. Member of scientific and advisory boards. Teacher in the post-graduate masters in Computer Security and IT Governance. Consultant at the Office of Internal Oversight Services at the United Nations (UN) in New York.
Responsible in many big firms for big projects, both for civil and military sectors, regarding security of the information systems and installations. Designed and implemented systems based on mainframes and distributed architecture, including both data and physical security, information and site protection.
Senior level data processing professional with 20 years experience in computer security and 25 years of Information System experience, systems design and programming, computer operations and applications programming. Designed EDP systems, including the computer, software, installation and user training. Consultant to American companies who supply the U.S. Department of Defense.
Authored and published in several specialised books and magazines. Frequently invited as speaker in many international conferences and seminars.
My complete profile and accomplishments can be fould on linkedin.
Thank you for your consideration. If you would like to support me, please send me an email at email@example.com and please include your email address as recorded with (ISC)² and your member (certificate) number.